I've been working through Year One of the High School program knocking out the 'easy stuff' as far as writing the profiles of all the works. The anthologies of Sumerian and Egyptian source material are both up now, as is Gilgamesh.
The next projects: Profile the two art history options to be used throughout. Gombrich is recommended for most, with Janson for those who (and are up for reading through) want a much more in-depth approach. (Gombrich isn't light weight by any standards -- it's more than Janson is just plain massive.)
And then Homer. I'm thinking maybe I should take the Iliad and Odyssey with me on vacation to see if I can get another re-read in and see if I can come up with any fresh thoughts. Plus it would be a good refresher when I write the Homer-based stuff for the elementary program.
Tuesday, May 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment